This is a result of a 2012 Supreme Court ruling that cancelled out the concession of additional channels to existing broadcasters on the grounds that the concession was made without a public bid and that new operators were therefore deprived of a chance to join the market.
Channels closing down include:
- La Sexta 3. Movie-based channels with a March audience share of 1.6 percent.
- Xplora. Hardcore Pawn, in its 10th season, is the most popular program.
- Nitro. Channel airs shows such as Law And Order and The A Team.
- La Siete. Specializes in Latin American soaps.
- Nueve. Re-runs of the most successful shows aired on Telecinco and Cuatro.
- Net TV. Teleshopping.
- Veo TV.